Transnational access will support a wide range of users by giving free-of-charge access to high-quality, mature infrastructures and support services at unique multidisciplinary metrological laboratories and validation facilities. Users will be able to carry out first-class experiments and metrological activities on the multidisciplinary coastal observation systems, thus maximising the impact on data quality.
Transnational Access (TNA)
MINKE will provide smooth and efficient access to the facilities described below for researchers or research teams from academia and industry using EU-funded TNA instruments to assure the integration of TNA in metrological activities and thus reinforce the ocean data value chain.
Free-of-charge access to infrastructures and services
Objectives of MINKE transnational access
- To provide coordinated free-of-charge transnational access to metrological laboratories and coastal infrastructures for researchers or research teams from academia and industry.
- To build long-term collaborations between end users and facilities.
- To promote the importance of marine data quality through knowledge of proper, well-characterised measurements.
A package of marine resources within reach
The MINKE TNA catalogue includes:
TNA Calibration Laboratories
*10 established laboratories for calibrating instruments and investigating technology, some with metrology-level capabilities for specific marine measures.
TNA Marine Observatories
*3 active in-situ marine observing “installations” for testing and/or validating equipment.
The in-situ facilities comprise:
- one underwater coastal cabled observatory
- one fixed-point marine observatory
- one instrumented coastal buoy
TNA Ferry Box
* 1 group of 3 FerryBox systems operating in different European sea areas.
Remote TNA sensors
* 1 Remote TNA low cost sensors for environmental monitoring including:
- Basic Environmental Sensor Pack: T, H, P, PM, Noise, Light
- Basic Environmental Sensor Pack + Water Temperature Probe
- Advanced Water Sensor pack: submersible pH, DO, conductivity and temperature
- Advanced Water Sensor pack: submersible pH, DO, conductivity and temperature with geolocation